digitalML joins the Oracle Partner Network | OCI API Gateway integration
Here at digitalML, we’re always looking for ways to make enterprises’ API programs easier. That’s why we’re thrilled to announce a new partnership with Oracle to support OCI Gateway customers with our ignite Platform capabilities. The two platforms can now be fully integrated to provide an end-to-end framework for frictionless enterprise API management.
ignite’s Holistic Catalog, Lifecycle management, and Consumer Portal combines with Oracle’s OCI Gateway capabilities to support a flexible and modern approach to APIs; supporting multi-protocol, multi-runtime, and multi- and hybrid cloud approaches.
This article contains extracts from a post on the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Blog
Meet the Oracle OCI Gateway
OCI API Gateway is a robust frontline defense for your API ecosystem, offering advanced security, monitoring, and traffic management capabilities. It allows businesses to create and deploy APIs that connect applications to backend services securely and efficiently. Its ability to handle API requests at scale ensures high availability and responsiveness, making it an integral component in any enterprise-grade API security strategy.
Our ignite Platform is now available to Oracle customers via the Oracle Partner Network. ignite’s unique Catalog, Lifecycle Management, and Consumer Portal functionality provides an easy way to capture, manage, govern, reuse, and drive value from all your APIs, Services, Events, and more. ignite introduces an abstracted way to standardize all your assets, gain data-driven insights, and curate and promote them in multiple tailored consumer views.
The integration of both platforms creates visibility for reuse, ensures consistency and greater efficiencies, reduces complexity and duplication, and drives more rapid innovation.
API Lifecycle Management Benefits
With ignite and OCI Gateway, you can expect:
- Optimized API Lifecycle Management. The two platforms provide an enhanced, frictionless, and secure way to manage the entire lifecycle of APIs from design to deployment, supporting delivery of digital opportunities while balancing the management of legacy services.
- World-class analytics, security, performance and monitoring. ignite’s Catalog reporting provides a way to understand and track enterprise portfolio maturity including coverage, governance compliance, and consumption metrics, in combination “With OCI API Gateway’s advanced security features, you gain the advantage of built-in security policies, including authentication, authorization, and encryption.”
- Flexibility and governance by design. ignite’s unique abstraction technology means Oracle customers can support a multi-protocol portfolio that’s responsive and can evolve over time. “The blend of ignite’s automated and flexible governance capabilities with OCI API Gateway enables businesses to have better control over their API ecosystems.”
- Accelerated Digital Transformation. “In the era of digital acceleration, the combined prowess of ignite and OCI API Gateway empowers enterprises to speed up their digital transformation journeys. Businesses can rapidly deploy services that meet customer demands and react quickly to changing market conditions by automating and streamlining API development.”
Getting Started with the Integration
To get started with using OCI API Gateway with ignite, use the following steps:
- Have an account on OCI. If you need to sign up, you can get started for free.
- Get started with OCI API Gateway and create your first gateway.
- Choose or create an OCI user for digitalML and add an API key.
- Connect ignite platform with OCI API Gateway using the OCI API Gateway user’s API key. digitalML helps with the initial connection.
- Import existing APIs and begin abstracting, standardizing, and deploying reliable and consistent APIs through the integrated system.
- Create tailored experiences for API consumer portals and support a variety of consumption use cases.
The partnership between digitalML and Oracle’s OCI API Gateway provides addition benefits in the realm of API management for Oracle customers, making the complex tasks of discoverability, governance, scalability, security, and speed a breeze for businesses. With this collaboration, you can focus more on innovation and less on the technical intricacies of API lifecycle management.
Differentiate Your Digital Enterprise Now
Learn how it can help your enterprise accelerate digital transformation