Done right, self-service API governance can help enable digital initiatives and differentiate your enterprise
API Governance has re-emerged as a buzzword. Long thought of as a bottleneck to rapid API delivery, we’re now seeing a wider acceptance that governance is a key part of ensuring API quality, reliability (consumer experience), and reusability.
But API (and Service and Event) governance at scale, within a large enterprise, goes beyond an API style guide and manual review processes. In fact, a comprehensive API governance model is involved to ensure conformance to:
- Industry standards
- Coding standards
- Data standards
- Enterprise governance rules and patterns
- Security policies
Done right, governance can not only speed up development and delivery of great APIs, Services and Events, but also help enable delivery of digital initiatives and IT modernization priorities simultaneously. Effective self-service API governance can help differentiate your digital enterprise.
Download this webinar recording to gain insight into:
- The goal state for the differentiated digital enterprise and why self-service governance is key to success
- What do we mean by governance and standards? What’s in a great API governance model and what’s missing from traditional approaches
- How to enable self-service governance at scale, and what enterprise-grade governance enables in turn
- The tried and tested governance framework for enterprises, demonstrated using the ignite platform